Friday, May 9, 2008

YouTube Videos

It's all a matter of perspective.

To me, making these videos has been an educational diversion, a hobby that gives me a "legitimate" excuse to surf the web and goof around with music, images, and snippets of fact. (Also an exercise in anger-management and restraint, when certain Micro$loth products crash for no particular reason ...)

But in sharing "sneak previews" of my vids as I finish them, I hear that they are "art" - a skillful blending of sight and sound and social commentary that informs, entertains, and appeals to both hemispheres of the brain.

And so I am graduating to the "next level," and have put together my first political video, which will debut on my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/wildaspie) on Sunday.

I'm still not sure if I'll only add one a week as I'd initially planned, or go for two a week (probably Sundays and Wednesdays) since I'm making them with greater ease and speed than I'd anticipated. I guess we'll all see ...

No comments: